Hello! I am a student for English Career Department（英語キャリア科）, I’m from Russia！
I think there are many foreigner students who come to Japan to work. But before that you probably want to get Japanese degree for some personal reasons:
- If you don’t have a degree, but you need it to get working visa
- If you want to change careers, so you want to get the skills to work in a new field
- you may want to get a Japanese degree to improve your chances of finding a job in Japan
- If you don’t feel that your language level is good enough to do your job well and you need time to get your Japanese language skills up to a proper level
and so on
Whatever it is, I will tell you why I chose Technos and have not regretted my choice:
- Before entering Tokyo Kogakuin Technos college, I was studying at Tokyo Kogakuin Japanese Language School. And I would recommend you to do same in case you decide to study at Technos so you could get a really good discount, about 100.000¥
- I came to Japan when I was 19, graduated the language school when I was almost 21. So I didn’t want to spend 4 more years just studying and not making money. That’s why studying just for 2 years in Technos college was really pleasant for me.
- After graduating language school, I still didn’t feel confident in my Japanese level, I preferred to study in English. And the courses of English career department allowed me to study 50/50% in English and Japanese. So it makes my study effective in both ways: I can understand material properly studying in English and I can improve my Japanese by taking classes in Japanese.
- Good school funding. In my opinion, the environment in which you study is very important. So I admire how modern and comfortable many of the classrooms, canteen, and library are. And Technos keep developing in this direction.
- Students have an active life on campus. There are clubs to join, and in July we have a joint trip to Nagano to go to an onsen.
- All teachers are very helpful and kind. And they are from all over the World: Japanese, Americans, Canadians, British and more.
- The school offers many options for internships even during your months of studying. That’s how I got my first internship in a hotel after studying in the college just for 3 months.
Some of my other foreigner friends study in different colleges, that’s why comparing our experiences, I can definitely say that Technos College is a good place for students from all over the World!